Some of you may know that there are companies that can turn your blog into a book. I back up my blog (just in case something catastrophic happens), but now that I have three years of posts I decided it would be nice to start getting hard-covered bound books created. Sometimes, low-tech has its place in technology too!
I need to give a shout out to Blurb. I published the first 2/3’s of my blog into a book, and they did a bang-up job creating it for me. Their software is easy, prices reasonable, and just a great quality product. (NO, they are not paying me to say this). Hubby saw Volume I of BagMomma (all 400 pages), and even he was impressed!
So there you go, I don’t give a ton of product recommendations, but this is one I had to tell you about.
Secondly, Bean hit me up for a meme, and this one is close to my heart. I saw the story relating to this on one of the world news programs, and it intrigued me.
This originated over an idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. It’s a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, “For Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.”
So I slept on it, and here’s what I came up with:
“Lucky in Life, Despite Past History”
What’s your 6 word memoir?
I won’t tag a bunch of people (because I just did on another meme), but DD… I want to hear yours!
It’s been a long time since I participated in a meme around here. I’ve been tagged (twice) for the same meme… first by my newest blogging friend Kate and then by an old blogging buddy Modern Mama so I feel I must in good conscience play along. lol.
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
And now…6 Random Things About Me
1. You all know how much I love handbags, but my other obsession is Sephora. I was never a huge makeup junkie, but I am now. I could spend hours in the store. I buy most of my purchases on-line, and I wait with excitement for the UPS man to deliver my black and white box. I must have 20 of those little black pouches they put the items in. I use them when I travel for all sorts of little doo-dads. The big ones are great to store intimate apparel. REALLY!
2. I am a published poet. At the tender age of 6 I wrote my first poem and it appeared in a children’s magazine in the 70’s. The title was “Spring”. The beginning of my illustrious writing career….
3. I am impatient. Very impatient. It got worse as I got older, and manifests itself mostly while driving or standing in long lines. It’s something I am working on, I swear.
4. I haven’t been to a movie theater in about a year or two. However, S. and I rent pretty much everything once it’s out on DVD.
5. I was attacked by a German Shepherd dog at the age of 5 (at a local egg farmer’s home) which led to an acute fear of dogs. I got over my fear in my late twenties (it took a loooong time!).
6. My secret dream occupation as a kid was a figure skater. But ironically, I’ve never learned to ice skate (however I was a pretty good roller skater as a youth).
There you have it!
I’m a rule breaker (yeah, right) therefore I won’t commit six others to this meme, however, if you so choose to participate I tag Mrs. Schmitty, Kim, and 3XMom