My buddy Melissa tagged me for a meme. I’ve been doing a lot of these lately, but haven’t done this one yet, so here goes…
6 quirky things about me!
1. I don’t carry loose change. I hate random pennies and dimes at the bottom of my purse. Primarily because they are dirty. And dirty money can ruin the inside of a fine wallet or purse! Seriously, when I handle money, I feel an intense need to wash my hands. Germs, GAH! I can’t stand it. So if I am using cash, most times, if there’s coins involved, I say… “keep the change” (and the germs please).
2. I like sunflower seeds. I don’t eat them often, but when I do, my favorite part is the shell. When did it become a crime to chew them up and eat them whole? I used to have a friend in high school that would delicately pick apart the shell and only eat the seed. What a giant waste of time…. lol.
3. I’ve had an obsession my entire life regarding space. As in, The Universe. I can watch shows on cable all day regarding the planets, the stars, black holes, and the space program. In fact, I just watched a TV show a few nights ago regarding the Hubble telescope. I can’t get enough. Not that I ever wanted to be an aerospace engineer or anything, but I find the subject intensely interesting. Don’t get me started on thinking about the universe. And that the Milky Way is merely a blip on the radar. When I think about how space spans into infinity, it makes my head twirl. And, yes, the concept that space is actually imploding in on us in the next 100,000 years makes me sad.
Have I lost you yet?
4. Speaking of Lost, I must also admit I am a fan fanatic of the TV show “Lost”. I’ve seen every episode at least 4 times, and yes, I am the scary geek that listens to fan podcasts, and thinks that JJ Abrams is the master of the universe. Oh, there we go back to the universe again… sorry.
5. I can’t step on elevators anymore. Yes, sadly, our trip in 2007 in which I WAS STUCK in an elevator, and had to be RESCUED by the Hilton Head, SC Fire Department has made me a pansy. I choose to walk stairs.
6. I used to be an avid reader, but not so much nowadays. Why? I have this thing about reading books. If I start reading a book, I can’t put it down. For real. I used to crack open a Stephen King hardcover in my twenties, and read all 400 pages in one day. So I tend to stick to shorter books, unless I am compelled by a really, really good book. In which I just plan on being up for 24 hours, or whenever I finish it.
So yeah, I got some quirkiness… how about you? Please don’t make me feel like a moron.