So, after 6 evenings of stims, I am ever so s-l-o-w-l-y plugging along.
This morning’s scan revealed not much excitement. L Ovary is still slacking with 3 under 10 and some tiny follies. R Ovary has largest at 11, and seven under 10.
Well, at least none of the follicles are dominating the others. bwahaha.
Lining was a respectable 9mm. Waiting for E2 results.
So, now, I realize that my estimated ER will almost certainly be pushed out. Please tell me HOW on a low dose of the same medication with my last two IUI’s a mere 6 months ago, I was overproducing sizable follicles and now I am in the eqivalent of the slow boat to China.
Anyway, the “C” word was not spoken (Cancellation, for those of you who don’t know), but I am praying for some good growth for my next scan on Saturday or that could be on the table.
Speaking of Saturday’s appointment, since it’s the weekend, I have to go to the “far-away” office for my scan and b/w. Which means I have to get up at 5am in order to get there by 7:15am.
Which also means I have to ship David out to stay overnight at one of the Grandparents houses because hubby is WORKING on Saturday.
And did I mention that because I am using 7 vials of meds at a time I have to REFILL my Gonal-F and Menopur. I can’t tell you my co-pay because you’d shit a brick. Of course this is where I also mention that I am fortunate to have some insurance. Not dissing those of you who are self-pay, you are truly the brave ones.
Please keep me and my follicles in your thoughts. Without all of your support I would surely be banging my head against the wall right now…
8 thoughts on “Day 7, Threat Level Orange”
Good luck at your scan tomorrow! I hope your follies do a great turnaround. You can have all my growing powers!
I was a slow responder as well, a late bloomer if you will. What matters is the bloodwork even if it means extra injections.
Slow and steady is not necessarily bad. Just expensive. Grow follies, grow!
Grow follies Grow!!!
They’ll get there. Keep the faith. I’m doing IUI for the 3rd time, now on a higher dosage of clomid and same thing – I got one crappy follicle. First 2 cycles they were worried I was going to have too many eggs. On a side note, have your docs ever recommended that you go on heparin or lovenox? I’ve had 3 losses all in a row this year and even though my work-up showed no blood clotting disorders, my doc at Cornell in NYC said that they would certainly put me on lovenox injections next time as a precaution. Might be worth looking into as well. Good luck. I am pulling for you.
Sometimes slow and steady wins the race – don’t count those follies out yet!
come on follies grow!!!! I am glad they didn’t cancel, and I am sure on Saturday you will have some bigger guys!! thinking of you
Well, you’re in good company – I made crappy follicles, too! But I’ll be thinking good thoughts for no cancellation!