It’s been a long time since I participated in a meme around here. I’ve been tagged (twice) for the same meme… first by my newest blogging friend Kate and then by an old blogging buddy Modern Mama so I feel I must in good conscience play along. lol.
a. Link to the person who tagged you.
b. Post the rules on your blog.
c. Write six random things about yourself.
d. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
And now…6 Random Things About Me
1. You all know how much I love handbags, but my other obsession is Sephora. I was never a huge makeup junkie, but I am now. I could spend hours in the store. I buy most of my purchases on-line, and I wait with excitement for the UPS man to deliver my black and white box. I must have 20 of those little black pouches they put the items in. I use them when I travel for all sorts of little doo-dads. The big ones are great to store intimate apparel. REALLY!
2. I am a published poet. At the tender age of 6 I wrote my first poem and it appeared in a children’s magazine in the 70’s. The title was “Spring”. The beginning of my illustrious writing career….
3. I am impatient. Very impatient. It got worse as I got older, and manifests itself mostly while driving or standing in long lines. It’s something I am working on, I swear.
4. I haven’t been to a movie theater in about a year or two. However, S. and I rent pretty much everything once it’s out on DVD.
5. I was attacked by a German Shepherd dog at the age of 5 (at a local egg farmer’s home) which led to an acute fear of dogs. I got over my fear in my late twenties (it took a loooong time!).
6. My secret dream occupation as a kid was a figure skater. But ironically, I’ve never learned to ice skate (however I was a pretty good roller skater as a youth).
There you have it!
I’m a rule breaker (yeah, right) therefore I won’t commit six others to this meme, however, if you so choose to participate I tag Mrs. Schmitty, Kim, and 3XMom