After last week’s events, you’d think I would have run out of bad luck.
Remember awhile back when I registered David for the local Catholic school? I stood out in the freezing cold, attended an open house, even created a cover letter professing my dedication to the church?
Well, we got the letter on Saturday that he didn’t get in. I burst into tears. I really wanted him to attend that school. David really wanted to go there too.
Worse yet, I had been putting Plan B into motion (checking out the local private schools for a full day kindergarten program). Turns out they are on waiting lists too. I’m still looking, and it’s not going well.
Which leaves me with Plan C (or as I like to call it, the booby prize). Public school.
I don’t have a problem with the public school per se, except the fact that it’s not even a true half-day. My township offers split sessions (8:45 to 11:15 or 1:15 to 3:45). That’s a 2.5 hour school day!! WTF? What math are they using??? That’s not HALF DAY at all.
On top of that, you don’t know which session you get until two weeks before the first day of school. Kind of inconvenient in setting up before/after care. Make that IMPOSSIBLE. Worse yet, I would end up spending a significant part of my work day carting David around. To somewhere. Where I don’t know. It’s too short a day to drive him to where he goes now (25 minutes away). I would be sure to be fired from my job considering I would essentially be driving all day.
More than anything, I just want stability for David. I want him in one place, one educational and nuturing environment. He deserves that.
I’ve lost sleep the last two nights over this. I just wanted ONE THING to go easy. But no, of course not.
I need this black cloud over my head to GO AWAY.
Seriously, what the hell is going on with me??